Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Retest of Sriracha

The results are in from my test of this evening's dinner being flavored with Sriracha instead of Cholula...

I had tofu and veggies cooked and ready to be plated, and hubs walks over to the stove and plucks out a piece of veggie. He pops it in his mouth and nods his head at me. About 3 seconds later I hear "haaaaaa" "hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" "HAAAAAA" and he beelines to the sink for some water. He looks at me and says "that is TOO spicy."

I've always liked my food spicier than him, so I got a piece of veggie and ate it...and it was PERFECT. Nice and spicy, just the way I like it.

I made less veggies tonight and put more Sriracha on it. I was actually afraid I'd used too much - I like spicy food, but I also like to be able to TASTE it. Spice should enhance the flavor of the food, not mask it. In my opinion, Sriracha walks a fine line in that regard. It's not as flavorful as Cholula, but it's still good...provided you use enough of it.

I'll keep using it for sure - and I'll tell my Dad about it too. I'm sure he'll enjoy it.


dinner covered in Sriracha...and yes, that is a shit load of garlic on the top. I had to use the jarred stuff cuz my bulbs started growing. :(

No comments: