Monday, May 25, 2009

Sriracha vs Cholula...results

Tonight I decided to put Sriracha in my veggies and tofu instead of my usual [love] Cholula.

The results? Meh.

I'd had Sriracha recently, in my hibachi chicken at a wonderful restaurant called Tsunami Buffet in Morehead City, NC on the weekend we went to the MCAS Cherry Point Air Show. It was spicy, but not overpowering and had a good taste. I liked it. So when a friend pointed me to an article about it a few days ago, I went to my local Wally Hell and bought a bottle...$2, or some ridiculously low price for a pretty large bottle. Cholula is $2.67 for a 5oz bottle, Sriracha comes in a 17oz bottle.

I usually put a liberal dousing of Cholula on my veggies/tofu because I love spicy food, but not being familiar with how much Sriracha I would need, it's likely I didn't put enough in. I will try it again, hopefully with better results. I can *just* taste the spice in the aftertaste of the food, and that's not spicy enough for me.

tonight's dinner avec La Sriracha

No comments: