Monday, June 28, 2010

OMG! I can't believe I did THIS! LOL!!

I fell off my bike. On the road. Yes, I'm an idiot.

I didn't forget I was clipped in. I unclipped my right foot to come to a stop on the curb, but I was going too slowly and couldn't get my balance on my right side...so I tipped over on my left side and skinned the shit out of my left knee. It really hurts.

How funny is it that this is the first time I've ever fallen off my bike? On a road ride of all places...not on the trail.

I feel really tired and sluggish this morning. I only did 2.5 miles today. I started out feeling tired, which is normal. But I usually shake it off by the end of the first mile. I didn't today. I wonder if it's from the harder-than-usual dirt ride I took on Saturday. I think I overdid it...it was really hot, and the dirt/sand combo I was riding on made pedaling somewhat more difficult than my legs are used to...I came in the house shaking and nauseated.

I need to figure out what to eat before these morning rides. I know I'm not doing a 20, or even 10, mile ride, but as fat as I am and as out of shape as I am, these rides are definitely exercise for me. My problem is that I don't want to eat too much and then not get the calorie benefit from riding. And really it's not just in the morning - it's all day...I get hungrier when I ride (obviously) because I'm expending more calories. I just don't know how many calories I should add to my daily routine so that I'm still benefiting from riding, but not extremely hungry all day too...

I hope that makes sense.

Guess I should go wash the blood off my knee.

No comments: