Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today was the last day of school!


I simply can't believe that I now have a 1st grader and a 4th grader. Where has all the time gone?

I cleaned out my truck today, cuz it was N-A-S-T-Y, and found my second grade picture from 1979/80. Jesus...30 fucking years ago. Sigh.

Anyway, I picked the kids up from school and took them to Dunkin' Donuts and then to Little Caesar's. I got a couple extra pizzas to share with the neighborhood kids as an impromptu "last day of school party" even though almost all the other kids in the neighborhood have been out of school for a number of weeks. They're on traditional calendar, while my kids are on year round.

So the kids played, ate pizza, played rock band, went outside and ran around in the rain, biked...while I cleaned chain parts in the sink and got depressed about how many I've already cleaned and how many are left to clean. I clean them individually with a spinbrush toothbrush. There's still a pile sitting (rusting) in my sink that I'll clean later tonight after the kidlets are in bed. When I got sick of cleaning chain parts, I decided to play rock band. So I played guitar, then sang. Then my little one came in and accompanied me on drums while I sang. Then the other kids came in and I played guitar (cuz they all think I'm really good :D) for a few songs with them. It was fun.

Tomorrow I'm taking 4 of the neighborhood kids, maybe 5, and we're meeting a few other kids, to see The Last Airbender. I'm pretty excited about seeing it. I think it's going to be a great movie and all the kids are thrilled to see it.

Today was a pretty good day. I got lots done while the kids were at school - filed, cleaned, took a shower (yay!).

I'm hoping tomorrow is a good day too.

No comments: