Thursday, January 15, 2009

People being people...I guess

This was in the passion forum on mtbr.com when I went over to peruse the goodies there:

On the one hand, it never ceases to amaze me how many people over there can be complete assholes to someone. On the other hand, I can totally admit that the guy who wrote it should have absolutely expected each and every "mean" (for lack of a better word) response he got. But I admire the way he dealt with each of them...not in an ugly way, but more of a "to each his own" sort of way.

In any case, it's an interesting thread...one thing that stuck out for me was that for a couple of people, dressing like someone else was a huge strike against their individuality during their rides. I never realized how much riding a bike was asserting one's individuality, but perhaps it is. I wear what I ride in because it fits me, it's comfortable and I like it. I bought my bike because it fits me, it's comfortable and I like it. Nothing really to do with my individuality. I express that in other ways...anyway, not doggin' anyone, just bringing up a point that I found interesting.

No comments: