Monday, March 9, 2009

Nailed My Foot & Update on J

Literally. I kicked my foot into a nail that was sticking up from the board on our back deck yesterday morning. Just fucking great. I wanted to ride yesterday since I didn't get to ride Saturday (cuz I was way tired from walking around - and having fun, mind you - I'm not complaining about that - at the trail workday). Yep...I took my cup of coffee out to enjoy the beautiful weather and ended up bleeding. Not pretty.

Today we had an appt to get J's cast on at 9:15am. Well...after being called back and 9:30am and not seeing the Dr. until 10:30am, at which point we were told he didn't have time to do the cast b/c they only do casts in the middle or at the end of the day, we left. Thank GOD my Mom came...

I ended up getting an appt with my doctor to look at my foot b/c my Mom said she really thought I needed a tetanus shot. Not only did I get a Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) shot, but antibiotics as well. I have a low grade fever and the site of the wound was really painful to the touch. I guess all that can equal infection? In any case, hopefully keeping it clean and taking the abx will keep it from getting infected.

My Mom took J back to the ortho at noon, while I went to another appt. She said they did 4 xrays and everything looked like it was healing well. When they took the half cast off and the ace bandage, his arm was all bruised at the site of the fracture. :( Poor baby. But she said J did a really good job getting the cast on. The people doing it said he was "perfect." He picked BRIGHT orange. I will post a pic when I get one. He seems no worse for the wear, which is great.

I am going to try to ride tomorrow. Hopefully my foot will handle it ok. Right now I have a sterile pad folded into fourths with a bandaid over it and it's pretty cushy. But I'll test it out and see how it feels later tonight.

No comments: