Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Me and my Vitamin D

I had my Vitamin D level checked for the first time probably a year or so ago, and it was low. So the Dr put me on 50,000IU/week for 12 weeks. I guess it went up because then she told me to take 2,000IU/day. Then I had it checked again during one of my regular checkups, and it was low again. Back to the 50,000IU/week for 12 weeks. It went up. I started taking the 2,000IU/day again. Had it checked again and it was low, but I guess not terribly, so I've been taking 3,000IU/day for a few months now.

I went to my Endocrinologist to have my thyroid checked (I'm hypothyroid and have some nodules on my thyroid) and he offered to check my Vitamin D at the same time as my thyroid levels since they had to draw blood anyway. It's low. Again. So now I'll be taking 50,000IU TWICE a week for 12 weeks.

I wonder what it is with my body that I can't keep my Vit D level consistent. It's just weird. Maybe getting out and biking more would help...exercise, sunshine...

No comments: