Tuesday, April 7, 2009

20 miles since Saturday

That is a new record for me! HEHEEEEE! I just got back from a 7.6 mile ride around Fuquay doing a couple errands. I can't believe I did it, though. The wind was N-A-S-T-Y. So much so that I almost turned back after a couple miles. But I didn't. Go me!

I had to laugh though. One my errands was to stop at Walgreen's to pick up my son's prescriptions that I had dropped off earlier this morning. So I roll up on my bike, pink jacket, black pants and black camelbak on (and blue helmet, OF COURSE!) and this woman in the other pick up lane is staring at me with her mouth slightly agape. I said hi to her and went about my business. I'll be damned if I was leaving my bike outside the store where anyone could walk away with him while I picked up meds. I'm a vehicle too, so I figured why not use the pick up window? :D

Off to make reservations now for the upcoming trip to NM/Moab. No biking involved, though I did think to myself this morning that it will probably be a good idea to pack my Camelbak to hike around with, instead of trying to carry bottled water with me. I'll make hubs carry it since I'll have my camera with me. :D

No comments: