Thursday, April 16, 2009

Purely Frustrated

So Delia and I were supposed to ride Harris today. I emailed her last night to let her know I probably wasn't going to be able to make it because I was feeling crappy and thought Aunt Flo was gonna make her monthly appearance. Well Aunt Flo failed to show...the bitch. (ETA...I take that last sentence back. :P)

So I could have ridden.

However, I had forgotten that my older kid had early release from prison (school) today, at 12:45p. So it would have been tight riding and then picking him up on time.

But I still could have ridden.

So I go to pick up M and we get home and I mention to him that we could go take a bike ride on the American Tobacco Trail. The minute I say it, I regret it. I don't feel like driving 35 minutes to bike 2 or 3 miles with him (cuz that's as far as he can go), but he freaks when I tell him let's just go to Harris or around the neighborhood. So we drive ALL THE WAY OUT to the ATT only to find a fucking TREE has fallen across the road about 2 or so miles from the trail head. So I turn around and try to find my way around it and end up in Apex proper. No way we're riding the ATT today. He begs to go ride at Harris, I say ok and off we go.

I'm an idiot and really good at getting lost, and that's just what I did. I took New Hill road off 55 thinking I knew how to get to Harris and ended up in Chatham County. Apparently I was wrong. We finally find a way back to 1N, take it to the exit for New Hill and find Harris. Well guess what? The fucking trails are CLOSED. CLOSED!!!!! I called to double check and she said the trails were a bit wet and since there's a night ride tomorrow they want to make sure they are dry for it.

So an hour plus of driving for NOTHING.

No comments: