Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nice weekend

Hubs and the kids went to the grandparents yesterday a couple hours away and I stayed home thinking I was going to get stuff done around the house...NOT! But I did have a nice relaxing evening messaging with a friend and reading til around 2am. Edited some photos too. Katherine and I thought we were going to get to ride yesterday, but she ended up doing stuff and I ended up being lazy. Around 3 I decided to ride up to Blockbuster and get a movie for myself. I got Quantum of Solace, the newest James Bond movie. I started watching it last night, but couldn't get into it. I got up to Blockbuster and Kirsten called, so I sat on the sidewalk in front of Blockbuster in the beautiful sunlight talking to her for 1/2 hour. Then I rode home. All told it was about 4.5 miles...and a really nice, easy ride.

Since I went to bed so late last night, I slept in today...til 11am! I thought for sure today I'd paint the living room, but I didn't...instead I read, made a necklace (which took about an hour - I worked hard on that one, stretching my beading and wire skills) and watched the rest of my movie. Hubs and the kids got home around 3 and I futzed around for a little while longer, then decided to take a ride around town. I figured the trails wouldn't be open anyway since we've gotten so much rain and I didn't feel like driving over there anyway. So I rode around Fuquay for about an hour, did 8 miles. It was a GREAT ride. I pushed through the fatigue that always occurs after a few miles and really pushed myself...the head wind was HORRID and became a cross wind at times, but I didn't give up. I was having too much fun. It's amazing how sunlight and a beautiful day can energize you. I'm proud of myself - I'm getting faster. Here's my proof:

All in all, a nice weekend for me. :)

No comments: