Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beginner Ride at Harris Lake Tomorrow

And I've decided to go. Maggie's going too. But she's WAY better than me...she just does stuff, where I have to stop and really psyche myself up. Like that damn bridge on the intermediate loop. I can do it...I know I can, but I still have to get mentally ready to do it.

So it's supposed to be a ride targeted to beginners, so it's a no drop pace. Which is good. I never hammer. Though I have been trying to get myself to go faster on the beginner trail...and I have been because I'm comfortable there and can do it. The intermediate trail...well...I'm not too bad on the first loop. I still don't hammer, but I think it took me around 15 minutes to do both the beginner and first loop last time I did it. I was surprised at how little time it was.

I think this ride is supposed to last an hour to an hour and a half...and be around 7 miles. I will do the beginner and both loops of the intermediate...but I doubt I'll be doing any of the advanced.

This is probably silly, but I don't really like riding with people I don't know. I don't know if other people feel like this, but I'm not in excellent physical condition, so I stop a lot. I walk some stuff on the trails because I'm scared to do some of the stuff...unless I'm really "on." Maybe tomorrow I'll be ON. I'd really like to be so I can show myself that I can do these trails again. Then maybe Monday I can hit Crabtree or something and start learning that place.

I'll probably go early to the ride because there is a big field by the trailhead and I'd like to practice standing and pedaling. It's something I never do...I'm not sure why, but I just never do. Maggie suggested I try it to get extra power. I usually just dig in and power through things sitting, but maybe standing will give me the power I need.

I think the friend thing is still on my mind. Just shut up Jodey...and publish the damn post. No details are necessary.

No comments: