Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rode Umstead...

So me, Maggie and Carter rode at Umstead today. It was a PERFECT day for biking and damn it...I wished like hell I'd brought my camera. I left the point and shoot in the car, but that's not the one I wanted to shoot with. I wanted my baby...my Canon Rebel XT. But I don't typically carry her on rides anymore. I'm too afraid I'll fall and squash her. But there were so many opportunities for beautiful shots. The falling leaves made for a gorgeous yellow brick road like ride for at least a few areas on the trails...until the Ranger on the tractor toting the leaf blower came by. :O

Umstead is a really really hilly trail system...and y'all know I'm not good at the uphills...according to Carter, we rode 8-10 miles...and I'm sure I walked at least a quarter. Those uphills are bitches and can kiss my ever loving fat chick biker ass! My god...I thought I was going to DIE.

But the downhills...oh the lovely downhills...FUN STUFF man!!

The only really bad part is that I had an appt at 1pm that I was supposed to be at with hubs and I was late. Which made me have a huge anxiety attack...and cry. Again.

Oh...and my bike decided to switch gears on its own today...so off to the shop it will have to go.

Over all, it was a fun ride for me, except for the hills. Not sure about Maggie and Carter...probably not so fun since they had to wait on me...A LOT. Maybe next time we'll ride at ATT or Harris. Somewhere I KNOW I can ride.

No comments: