Friday, November 7, 2008

Should I ride tomorrow?

After that honkin' long ass ride today at Umstead that kicked my ass, I'm really wondering if I should ride tomorrow. I kind of want to, but then I kind of don't. I guess I need to look at my bike first and see if I can figure out what's wrong with it and/or take it back to Performance to have them check it. My bike did NOT like me today.

If I ride, it will be Harris, more than likely. I don't want to do too much - I'm still tired. I'd probably do the beginner and 1st loop of the intermediate if I do anything. I don't think I'll be riding at all on Saturday since I have a TORC trail building clinic to attend. I'm kind of excited about it...get to learn new stuff, take pictures, etc. Then Sunday I might have a beginner ride/volunteer thingy with the folks from Burt's Bees...or a ride on ATT with the "wives" into downtown Durham. Either sounds fun to me. :)

Maybe I'll hit Crabtree on Monday...Maggie - you in?

The other thing I want to do - and I need to find out which night is good for hubs for me not to be home - is to do a night ride on ATT. I have been kind of reticent to do night rides anywhere because it just scares the shit out of me to think that I won't be able to really see what I need to roll over or around, etc. But there really isn't anything TO roll over or around on ATT - it's a rails to trails project, so it's pretty flat and the stuff is filtered/packed - well, aside from the horse shit. Gross.

Anywho...I'm going to sleep...again.

No comments: