Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bikin' Broads Women's Mountain Biking Skillz Clinic

And I'm freaking EXCITED!!!

Here's some linkage to the N&O blog and some linkage to the Skillz Clinic page on the TORC website.

Cool that we got written up in the regional Triangle newspaper's, the News and Observer, blog...and even cooler that Fat Chick Biker is writing it up here! LOL Just kidding. I'm attending, maybe taking some photos and bringing along a friend too! He's from Northern Canada and is a photographer, so he'll be taking pics more than I will, since I will be biking my ass off...learning how to fall (hopefully) and some other skillz.

I wish I had pink stuff to show my womanly pride...someday I'll have my RIDES LIKE A GIRL stuff...someday. But for now, I'll stick with my silver men's GT Avalanche, name of Gustav. He works for me...works me out. ;)

So I hope some other Bikin' Broads see this and come. It's gonna be fun. We'll have two groups from what I understand - a beginner and an advanced. My hope is that we can learn and participate in some of the advanced activities (if we can...I'm totally a beginner).

Anyway...here's to learning bike maintenance and having a wine/cheese treat. And no...there will be no whine with my cheese. :P

No comments: