Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My kid is so cool!

My older son, M, learned how to ride a 2 wheeler with no training wheels today! It took a little under 2 hours to teach him. I am SO PROUD of him for staying with it.

We did the "no pedals" way of learning and it really works. I took the pedals off his bike and make sure the seat was low enough for him to reach the ground with his feet and let him coast down our driveway about 10 or 15 times until he could do it without putting his feet down. Once that happened, I put the pedals back on and he did the same thing a few times, then we went riding around the road right in front of the house and I explained road rules, etc.

I'm just really really proud of him. He did such a great job listening, concentrating and doing what I asked of him!

Here are some pics:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



3 comments:

Raleigh_Redhead said...

Woo Hoo!!!!! Yay M!!!!! Good job mom!!!!! :-)

Lidarman said...

That is so awesome. Cute kid in his helmet.

Kirsten said...

YAY M!! Soon you'll be kickin' mommy's arse on the trails!!