Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter Wearing

What do you wear in the winter to bike in?

The lowest temp I've biked in is right at 40 but felt colder. I had on my biking shorts, thin cotton leggings and my cotton capris; sports bra, thin long sleeve cotton shirt, thicker long sleeve cotton shirt and sweat jacket.

I've also worn thigh high tights under my capris along with my biking shorts and a couple layers of shirts under the jacket and that worked nicely too.

My newest acquisition is a pair of capri tights to wear under my pants/over my shorts. Now just have to find stuff to keep the footsies warm.

Oh! And what do YOU wear on your hands? Lidarman wrote this fantastic blog entry about the gloves he's tried for cold weather riding. Go read it!

1 comment:

Raleigh_Redhead said...

For starters I am always naked under my clothes ;-) As for the cold winter bike stuff... leggings, my fav bike shorts under for a comfy tush. I then layer my tops... light cotton then a bike jersey topped off with a light fleece jacket that usually comes off after about a mile. I like to wear a band to cover my ears and of course fingered gloves. I ride down to about 40 and up to about 108 (heat index). Works for me!!!!