Sunday, February 8, 2009

My kid's first real trail ride

We did it! I took M to Harris yesterday and let him hit the beginner loop there. I wasn't sure whether to ride in front of him so he could see the line I rode or behind him to make sure he was ok, so I let him pick. He wanted me behind him. It worked out great. That kid is FEARLESS. He took all the roots and bumps and turns (and MUD - I'm really surprised the trails were open - I've never seen them THAT muddy before) with confidence. It was great to watch.

This isn't the greatest pic b/c my focus was set wrong (grrrr), but it works. It's of him coming down a slight incline with a curve at the bottom.


I was worn out after we went around the loop twice - I have no gears on my bike right now...back to Performance tomorrow so they can fix this problem - AGAIN.

2 comments:

Dena said...

you have not been on Trianglemtb. come back!

you missed the 02/01 harris lake race! we had no photographers.

maggie said...

Sweet! Now that the weather is getting better I really hope to ride with this trailblazer's MOM soon!