Friday, February 27, 2009

Worst. Ride. EVER.

I'm totally serious. It SUCKED ASS and then some.

It's beautiful out today - almost 70 - and both the kids are home (M is tracked out for another week and J doesn't have preschool today). So being the good mommy that I am, I loaded up our bikes and headed over to a park that I thought had a track we could ride bikes on. WRONG. No riding bikes on that track. Instead, however, the town of FV has created a bike route starting at the backside of the parking lot near the park. The kids played at the park for a while, then decided they wanted to ride bikes.

The ride was a fucking disaster - the little one almost fell off his bike 2 or 3 times, it was all downhill one way so....it's all UPHILL the other way. No big deal for me or M, but it was really hard for J b/c his bike is not geared and he's not been riding with us; M was riding too far in front of me and I couldn't see him the whole time, which I don't like; and I was in a piss poor mood b/c I couldn't RIDE. So the ride ended up stressing me out instead of relaxing me.

Anyway, we're home now, the bikes are put away and I probably won't be able to ride for a while b/c of fucking weather. Damn it all anyway. :(

On the up side, I did get to wear my Keens again and they were just as comfortable today as the other day. I can totally see wearing these shoes A LOT to ride in.

No comments: