Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a great ride

I just got back from a 5.1 mile ride around Fuquay. I didn't know where I was going to go when I left the house, just knew I needed to get out and away from everyone before I started yelling about stupid shit. So I went right from my house and when I got to the stop sign (which is always a difficult ride for me since it's on a long incline), I stopped for a couple minutes, trying to decide which way to go. I kind of wanted to turn left and ride out by some farm land, but I didn't know if I could go that far. I said screw it and went for it. Turns out it was the best ride I've had in a while.

It's so beautiful out today - in the mid 50s, sunny with a nice breeze (though that headwind is a bitch, I must say) - and I got to enjoy it in ways you just can't when you're in a car. The air smelled fresh and it's crisp and cool against my heated skin...feeling the breeze on my face made me smile and forget about whatever was ailing me before I left the house.

And I got to wear my new biking skort. And I'll be damned if it doesn't fit me perfectly. I need to cut the skirt part off, but I was ready to leave and didn't feel like screwing with it, so I dealt with it on my ride. It was all good. :)

No comments: