Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh my Keens

So remember I was bitching last week about having to take my ride back to Performance to have them fix my no-gears-but-I-want-to-ride issue AGAIN? Well, while I was there waiting for the guy to finish up with my bike, I walked around and found their clearance table. On the table was a pair of Keen's Women's Commuters, in my size...but the price tag said $115, which is the regular price for them. I've been lusting after Keen's since a friend of mine talked about his and I went and tried some on - but I've never seen them on sale for less than $105. 10%? BFD. So I went up and asked the guy if the price was correct and he said yes...("Aw fuck" I say in my head)...BUT he could take 30% off the price. I'm like OH HELL YES - I'll take 'em. So I got me a pair of Keen's for $80. I don't think hubs was too happy with me since I haven't been riding much lately, but I'm getting back into it. In fact, I just got back from a 3.5 mile ride.

So how bout this? You are familiar with Terry Bicycles? If you are a fat chick like me and don't have many choices on where to buy your cycling clothes, definitely go and check out their plus size sale. Their Commuter Skort Plus is on sale for half off. So instead of $90 each, they're $45. I have 2 of them already, but they are too big, since I've lost weight. So I ordered a couple more in a smaller size. (Yay me!) Plus, if you order by tomorrow, it's free shipping. They have lots of other stuff on sale too - jerseys and t-shirts...take a peek, it might be worth your while. And even if you aren't a fat chick, they always have other stuff on sale too.

BTW, I don't leave the skirt attached to the Skort anymore - I cut the other 2 off the padded lycra shorts of the ones I have. It's too hard to mtb in a skirt b/c it gets caught on the damn seat. But still, $45 for a pair of plus size lycra shorts with an excellent chamois in them is a good deal. Shorts are expensive and these hold up well - I even throw mine in the dryer. :O

No comments: