Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today...

has been a day. I started out the day by sleeping in til about 10:15am - something I never do, but did today because I couldn't sleep last night and was up later than usual. I decided to take a ride around my neighborhood despite the rain, but only ended up having time for 4 miles. (I discovered that riding in the rain is kind of fun). I had to take my younger son to a birthday party, so my intention was to come back from that and ride another few miles. As you know, the road to hell...

We got to the party a few minutes late, J went off to play, I was happily taking pictures for 45 minutes, then I see my kid screaming his head off. We were at one of those places with the inflatable things you jump on and he said that he fell. The mother of the kids we were there to celebrate with is a pediatric PT, so she took a look at J's arm. I thought it was nursemaid's elbow b/c his elbow looked a little weird...she said she couldn't feel anything weird with his elbow but that she felt something pop back into place in his wrist..but he didn't stop crying. A couple other people looked at it and I decided to take him to the hossy. So to Western Wake we went...we got there at 2 and just got home at 7:30pm.

So what's wrong with him? He has a fractured humerus...basically, a fractured elbow. He's in a splint from shoulder to mid-palm with the arm bent at almost a 90 degree angle. We have to go see the ortho guy on Monday and make sure the bone is healing properly, whether he'll need a cast or surgery (gasp) or if he can stay in the splint.

My poor little guy. :( All he wanted to do was have fun...instead he got a fractured bone. I know...it could have been worse. It still sucks.

1 comment:

the Man said...

Wow, sorry to hear about the injury.

Mommy, I just want to have some fun!