Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wow...it is WINDY out!

I decided to take another "long" ride today and was going to do the same route I did yesterday by making a loop around Fuquay. I knew it was supposed to be somewhat windy after 1pm today, but I didn't realize HOW windy. Good grief! I almost got knocked off my bike a couple times.

Anyway, I got out on the road, had one car pass me and said "no thank you" - I'll just ride around the neighborhood. There's actually a neighborhood behind mine that's fairly large, so I logged just over 5 miles. Aside from the wind, it's beautiful out. A little on the chilly side, but that was ok with me. I had 2 layers on top and 3 on bottom...well, biking shorts plus tights and capris. My ass was nice and warm. :P

One thing I noticed was that toward the end of the ride my left calf muscle, right near the knee, was tight and sore. I've not had that happen before. Not sure if it's from riding 2 "long" (for me...don't laugh :P) rides in a row or if it was from fighting the wind so much. I had my seat higher than when I ride on dirt, just like I usually do.

Anyway, it was a good ride...even with me cursing the wind every so often. :)

No comments: