Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today's Ride

So I took M out to Harris again today and we did the beginner trail 2x. We were going to go for number 3, but stupid me hadn't eaten and I was out of energy. D'oh!

So we hung around and M played at the playground and then we walked over to the pier and I took some pics. Then we left...and as we got up to the stop sign at the big red barn, I noticed the peacock was out and had his feathers plumped up. So we stopped. M asked if he could get out of the truck with me to go and look at the birds and I said yes. So we parked and walked across the street so I could get some pics. We're walking around looking at all the birds - they have an assortment of chickens, roosters, turkeys, peacocks, geese, and either quail or pheasants - and I start taking pictures. M starts walking around looking at all the birds a little closer. The next thing I hear is a goose honking its head off and I look over and see M with a look of terror on his face and a goose chasing him. Geese are nasty bastards and I had forgotten to warn him. He got bit - right on the ass. He was scared and cried cuz it hurt - but he got over it. His next reaction was to pick something up to throw at it in case it came up to him again! By the time we picked J up at preschool, he was laughing about it and telling people about it.

I'll add some pics once I go through them if they are any good. :)

No comments: