Saturday, October 18, 2008

Can't we be a little nicer to each other?

I post on a couple mountain biking boards. I've been a little discouraged lately with the number of people being assholes to one another. It's like if you aren't perfect and don't read every word correctly, you suck. Cut people some slack, yo. We aren't perfect like you.

And something else. Yes, while I frequent these boards in an attempt to connect with other people who mountain bike, I also go to LEARN. *gasp* Yes...even though I'm "just" a girl, I want to learn how to take care of my bike, how to change components, which components to use when. But people seem to be too taken with the other shit on the boards...the drama...to actually bestow their knowledge upon newbs like myself. I have no problem doing research and learning on my own...I have a fucking History degree, for Christ's sake...I KNOW how to do research. But I like talking to people and getting their opinions because fo' sho' they have those opinions for a reason, feel me? I'm not trying to get out of learning for myself, I'm trying to tease out the reasons you like the Small Block 8s over the Nevegals for this area...I'm trying to understand why you'd put one tire on the front and a completely different tire on the back. I'm not down with the smartass responses. Maybe it's about respect. Maybe I'm showing my age...oy. Or maybe, just maybe, I have a valid point here.

/rant

1 comment:

maggie said...

"Hey - y'all show me some love and leave some comments! I love comments...especially those where you leave me a tidbit of info I didn't know before."

Hmmm...

A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, otherwise it will digest itself.

The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.

A raisin dropped in a fresh glass of soda will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.

A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

PS to that last one...ME TOO!!! : )

How's that for useless tidbits!