Monday, October 13, 2008

Today was a GOOD day

Today my friend Maggie and I rode Harris. She's great - we ride for a bit, then "rest" and talk. :)

We started at the Cypress Shelter and rode half of the beginner trail then hit the intermediate trail. What was so exciting to me was that I was riding long sections of the intermediate trail without having to get off Gustav! It was great! Of course there were parts that I still couldn't ride, so I walked them, but it was no big deal. Then we finished up on the intermediate trail and hit the other side of the beginner trail...then did the whole beginner trail again. There are like 2 parts of the beginner trail that I can't do...I think it's mental, to be honest.

So here's the cool thing - I had totally sworn off the intermediate trail saying there was no way in hell I could ride it...too many roots, too many bridges, etc...

So we ended up with about 2.5 miles, I think. And I thought we'd done the whole intermediate trail. WRONG! I was showing hubs the map of Harris: and starting adding up the mileage in my head and realized there was no way in hell we'd done the entire intermediate trail! See, there's a fork on the trail where you either go right and continue on the intermediate trail to a second loop (the top loop in yellow on the map) or you turn left and close the first loop (the bottom loop in yellow on the map) and end back up at the beginner trail. I thought if we turned right, we'd be heading toward the advanced trail...which of course we would, but we wouldn't be ON it...I'm a MO-RON! Say it with me children...MO-RON!

Anyway, a good time was had by all, and we'll be back out there Thursday to ride the WHOLE intermediate trail. :P

No comments: