Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Ride Today

So I believe I have finally gone up to level 2 in my riding. Today I did so many things I've never done before and even had a witness!

Ok...there's STILL one place at the beginner trail at Harris that I simply can't do - it's mental and I know it is and it f*&%ing pisses me off that I stop every damn time. However...there was a part at the end of the beginner trail that I have NEVER been able to do and I DID IT today! +1 for me.

Y'all know I swore on a case o'Sunset Wheat that I'd never do the Intermediate trail at Harris...remember? Well guess what brothers and sisters? Today, not only did I do the first loop (and I don't think I even got off the bike at all on that one), but I did the second loop as well! I got off the bike a couple times on that loop...but for having never been on it other than walking, I'd say that's a pretty good day for me. +2 for me.

There were plenty of times Maggie would look back and say "I can't believe you did that...I thought you'd get off the bike and walk it." To which I would reply "so did I...but I told a friend earlier today that I was ready for some harder stuff...and here it is." So now I can go back and report to him that I did, in fact, do what I said I wanted to do.

It was fun...riding with the intent to ride and not walk. It was scary too...but not as scary as it once was.

So I can say with certainty now that I adore this sport (already knew that), I like the way I'm riding and I'm gonna beat those damn uphills that I either can't power through yet or that I do and have to stop afterward to rest. But at least I'm out there doing it. +3 for me.

Oh...and I've lost 12 pounds and god only knows how many inches. What a nice bonus. ;)

1 comment:

Lidarman said...

That is freaking awesome. I am impressed and happy for your accomplishment.