Friday, October 24, 2008

VERY seriously considering going to this



I'm totally psyched about it...and I really hope I can pull it off. My Dad, I know, will give me money to pay for most of it - the actual cost of the clinic is only $25, but gas and hotel will cost the most. I'll have to drive the Honda - it gets around 24mpg, and Greenville, SC is about 265 miles each way...so that's about $65 in gas (at today's $2.77/gal), if my math is correct. Hotels seem to be pretty cheap - I found one about 7 miles from Paris Mountain for $50/night. So I'll just have to pay for food.

I already talked to my Mom about watching the kids while hubs is at the ECU game on the 8th...hubs will watch them on the 9th and will take off work on the 10th so I can drive home that day.

So what's keeping me from doing this? I am. I'm not sure I want to go by myself. Firstly, I detest driving, and almost 5 hours each way is a long time for me to do alone. Secondly, I hate driving the Honda. And thirdly, I want to go ride on Saturday and won't have anyone I know to ride with if I go alone. But maybe this is a good opportunity for me to make some new friends from our sister SORBA chapter known as UpstateSORBA.

What do you y'all think? Should I do it? Is it worth it at my level of riding? At my weight? At my ability? I'm nervous about this, but I'm trying to get myself to work outside my comfort level.

And of course I'll take the camera...

No comments: