Saturday, October 18, 2008

On Riding Like A Girl

So I posted a little post over on mtbr.com called Is there something wrong with 'riding like a girl?' and it has gotten quite a few responses. I love talking about stuff with people...

...anyway what has interested me is the huge range of opinions on whether one "should" ride like a girl, whether it's something to be offended by, whether it's something to embrace, whether we should give a shit at all. Maybe we should all just ride like mountain bikers. My particular favorite phrase from the whole discussion thus far has been "Ride like a hermaphrodite."

So to you, my 3 faithful blog readers...is there something wrong with RIDING LIKE A GIRL, if, in fact, one IS a girl? Is it a way to embrace one's femininity in a male dominated sport? Is it offensive? Would YOU say it to someone?

I plan on making candy wrappers (yanno...when my candy wrapper business gets off the ground...hahahahahahahahahahahaha *breathe* hahahahahahahahahahahaha) with that phrase, and others like it. I want the pink socks that say "ride like a girl." I want a sticker for my truck saying it...I want the tshirt. Damn it! Someone buy me the tshirt! And if I can figure out how to get it on my license plate, I'll do that too. Because for me, riding like a girl means mostly that I'm a girl and I ride like the girl I am. It means that I'm proud to be a girl riding a bike...and especially since I'm a Fat Chick Biker, showing other fat chicks that we can have a great time on a bike (or off ;)). That being said, I just want to ride like me...cute, fat, Jodey, who IS, indeed (I checked this morning), a GIRL.

1 comment:

maggie said...

HA! I can't stop eyeballin' a pink pink pink full susp. And if I get it I may put a big "HELL YEAH I RIDE LIKE A GIRL" sticker on it...let's make one!
Good blog BTW...let's hook up next week to ride.