Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So I Want to Learn About Tires

Yes, yes it's true...I know nothing about mtn bike tires.

Well, except that mine make me want to do dirty things...all those lovely knobs. KIDDING!

I run Kenda Nevegal 2.1s on my bike...listen to me "I run." What-the-fuck-ever *eyeroll* Fat Chick Biker! Haha...you run them b/c that's what came on the bike. HOWEVER! When I took my bike for a spin in the parking lot the day I bought him (yes...his name is Gustav and I looked under his downtube to see what he was sportin'), the very first thing I noticed were his tires. At the store I was told they were the 2.3s, but I looked closely one day and noticed they are 2.1s. I was slightly disappointed, going with the whole "bigger is better" idea (hey - it's worked for me so far :P), but I'm thinking at this point in my riding, that .2 really isn't going to make a whole shitload of difference.

Ok...so...went riding with K and E a week or so ago and E is looking at my tires and announces that he runs the same tires as mine, only TUBELESS. That's right children...TUBELESS tires. I'd heard of them...heard the RUMORS ...just never actually seen them in the, um...rubber.

I have a friend, who we will call "friend" hahaha, who is a tire whore. Or so he purports. I need to pick his brain about why he likes certain tires and not others.

I like learning...and will come back in a future post and have a tire class for you. Because that's just the kind of nice Fat Chick Biker I am. :)

No comments: