Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Indoor Riding

No...I don't mean *that* kind of indoor riding, you pervs...though I do enj..never mind. I'm talking about the kind where you get on a bike, slap on your headphones, crank the music up and pedal until you want to die. I guess that's outdoor biking too - haha!

I went to the gym this morning and did 5 miles on the indoor cycle. B-O-R-I-N-G. Especially since I knew what a freakin' gorgeous day it was outside. I'd so much rather be rolling over dirt, roots, bridges, water...whatever...than pedaling to get nowhere. BUT, I need to work on my endurance and this is a good way to do it. I picked a medium intensity route and did 5 out of almost 7 miles. I need to work back up to the 10 mile rides I used to do. And I will...in a week or 2 I'll be hittin' 10 and feelin' fine. I can ride outdoors only 2 days a week currently as that's when the stinker (4 yr old) is in preschool. He may be going 3 days a week soon, if we can swing it financially...so we'll see. I'd love to have another day to ride outdoors.

Random thought: My husband has said to me on a couple of occasions that I should go out on the roads in our neighborhood and just "ride hard" and that I will get the same high as I do when I go out on the trails. He is SO WRONG. I could ride til I die out on the roads and never feel as good as I do rolling over stuff. I guess it's the adrenaline rush I get from doing over things most people would avoid. And that stuff keeps getting bigger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all, that's what she said.

Secondly, no matter the physicality of it there is just something about being in nature that revives us as humans. At the risk of getting all spiritual about it, we're not meant for the city From the garden we came.