Friday, October 24, 2008

Fat Chick Biker wants to know...

...how much does your mood affect your riding? Or is it the other way around? Or maybe a little combo of both?

I find that when I'm not in a great mood, my riding suffers. I'm not as confident, don't want to really try hard...just want to do the easy stuff and say I did a ride.

When I'm feeling like I was yesterday, really "on," my riding rocks. I was completely confident in my abilities (even in abilities I wasn't really sure I had) and felt like I could conquer anything...well, within reason, of course.

But sometimes, when I'm not in a great mood and I do get to get out and ride, it's just enough to take the edge off that moodiness and get me feeling ok.

I know that having someone riding with me encouraging me helps me a great deal both when I'm feeling it and when I'm not feeling it. But at some point, I want to be able to rely on myself.

That seems like a pattern in my life...needing to learn to rely on myself...from biking to having confidence about other things. It's a very hard thing to gain for me...and once I gain a little it seems that something happens that I allow to take it away. Kind of weird...most people think I'm quite the confident person, gauging from some of the photography I take. And I have become more confident, but I still find that confidence is based on attention from certain people.

No comments: